Mission & Values
To provide the highest standard of patient-centered medical imaging and diagnostic care when needed for all Ontario patients. The OAR provides a strong voice for the patients diagnosed by radiologists in Ontario and advocates on their behalf to all audiences, including government, health organizations and agencies, hospitals and our elected leaders.
Our mission is to:
- Provide recognition and understanding for the many diverse specialties within the field of radiology and their role in diagnosing illness at the earliest stages, delivering interventional radiology services
- Collaborate with other medical specialties to ensure appropriateness of diagnostic tests and optimal patient care and to find new efficiencies for the optimal use of medical imaging technology
- Be leaders in the delivery of quality assurance and quality control through daily practice, research continuous improvement both professionally and technically
- Ensure that radiation safety remains a key element of patient care
- Provide radiologists and imaging technologists with the highest standard of continuing medical education and life-long learning
“The population should be informed about the importance of the highest standard of patient-centered medical imaging and diagnostic care when needed for all Ontario patients.”
The OAR seeks to continually encourage and inspire new standards of excellence in radiology and foster an environment of continuous improvement within the profession.
The OAR will continue to be a strong advocate for the highest standard of quality patient care and actively take a leadership role on issues affecting the continued sustainability of our publicly funded health care system, including timely access to care, the acquisition of state-of-the-art medical imaging equipment and responsible management of key resources within the system.