Welcome to the CBMD Online Accreditation Program – Dr. David Lyons, Chair OAR CBMD Facility Accreditation Program
“The OAR CBMD Facility Accreditation Program continues to evolve to ensure that accredited sites provide the highest standard of BMD services in Canada.”
The OAR's Canadian Bone Mineral Densitometry (CBMD) Facility Accreditation is recognized as the "Gold Standard" of BMD Accreditation for Ontario hospitals and clinics providing BMD services to Ontario patients at risk of the debilitating effects of bone loss and osteoporosis. Accreditation signifies to the public that the facility BMD equipment, BMD technologists and the services they provide, and the physicians reporting DXA scan results have met the rigorous standards set by the CBMD Program.
Every Ontario facility providing BMD services is encouraged to seek CBMD Facility Accreditation. The benefits to facilities begin with the commitment to a standard of excellence for BMD testing to ensure optimum patient care.
The OAR CBMD Facility Accreditation Program continues to evolve to ensure that accredited sites provide the highest standard of BMD services in Canada. It also continues to recognize DXA scanning as an area of imaging requiring additional ongoing investment in QA/QC to further the diagnostic needs of patients.
Benefits of the New Online CBMD Facility Accreditation Program
- Reassures the public and referring physicians that the delivery of BMD services meet the highest quality standards
- Optimises the appropriate use of BMD services in our publicly funded health care system
- Commits to a Standard of Excellence for BMD testing to ensure optimum patient care
- The CBMD Facility Accreditation program ensure that the highest national standards are met, or exceeded
- Five year accreditation period
- Uses the CAR's 2013 Technical Standards for Bone Mineral Densitometry Reporting
- Mandatory involvement of medical physicists
- Provides new and improved resource tools: positioning manuals, training videos
- Continually evolving OAR CBMD education programs for both reading physicians and medical radiation technologists
- Accredited Densitometry Technologist (ADT) examination and designation for Medical Radiation Technologists
- Download the Bone Densitometry Precision Calculator - Click Here
- Download the Bone Densitometry Precision Calculator SAMPLE - Click Here
- Download the BMD Shewart Test Tool - Click Here
- Download the NHANES III Male to Female conversion Tool - Click Here
OAR Canadian Bone Mineral Densitometry (CBMD) Facility Accreditation Program Approvals!
Congratulations to the following Ontario Independent Health Facilities (IHFs) and Hospitals that have earned their 5-year OAR CBMD Facility Accreditation
- Deep River and District Hospital, Deep River, ON
- Dixie X-ray Vaughn, Woodbridge, ON
- Greater Niagara General Hospital, Niagara Falls, ON
- Grand River Hospital, Kitchener, ON
- Headwaters Health Care Centre, Orangeville, ON
- Lighthouse Medical Imaging - Fairview, Toronto, ON
- Lighthouse Medical Imaging - Finch, Scarborough, ON
- ORMDI Inc. - Oak Ridges Medical Diagnostic Imaging, Richmond Hill, ON
- Port Perry Imaging, Port Perry, ON
- The Toronto Centre for Medical Imaging, Toronto, ON
- Winchester District Memorial Hospital, Winchester, ON