BDO Offering a Special Webinar Review of Revised Federal Government Sprinkling Rules
The OAR’s accountancy firm, BDO Canada LLP is generously presenting a webinar tomorrow at noon (Friday, December 15th 12 EST that is available to all Ontario radiologists. This is in response to the Finance Minister’s announcement yesterday regarding the income splitting legislation that will go into effect on January 1, 2018. Note that other non-physicians will be participating.
BDO has summarised the new legislation and highlighted changes and how they impact our members. They will have a panel of tax experts to discuss the impact of these changes as well as discuss planning opportunities going forward.
We have included links to the Federal Government’s statement and some related commentary.
- Government of Canada & CRA Overview: Guidance on the application of the split income rules for adults
- CALU Report: Finance Releases Draft Legislation on Income Sprinkling Rules
- Department of Finance: Minister Morneau Announces Next Steps in Improving Fairness in the Tax System by Closing Loopholes and Addressing Tax Planning Strategies
- Report of the Standing Senate Committee on National Finance: Fair, Simple and Competitive Taxation: The way forward for Canada
- CBC News: Morneau's small business tax changes promise simpler rules for income sprinkling
- CTV News: Feds provide more details on revisions to controversial tax proposals